File Shredder - Erase, Delete Files & Folders Permanently
When you delete a file Windows does not physically delete it from the hard disk. Even emptying data from the Recycle Bin does not protect you at all. Information you erase by even formatting your hard drive can still be easily recoverable. When you delete a file from Windows, the OS just marks the file as deleted in the file allocation table, but the data of the file is still on your hard disk. This deleted data can be easily recovered using file recovery software.
To take control of your confidential and sensitive information, try File Shredder. Easily, securely and permanently shred private data from your PC. This privacy protection software protects your private data by completely shredding the files, folders, and unused space from a logical drive you specify, beyond recovery. By overwriting the portion on the hard drive that was previously allocated to the files several times, FILE Shredder will completely erase data from your disk, without the possibility of recovery by any practical software or hardware methods. Select the data you wish to shred, select your shred standard and the data is gone forever.
- Easy to use for both personal and commercial use, includes several on screen instructions and context sensitive help
- “How to ….” Section of user guide embedded with the application
- Uses several military and government shredding patterns to shred data
- Power shredder eliminates files, folders, and deleted data
- Unused space shredder to remove deleted data
- Password protect the application to prevent unauthorized users from shredding information on your computer
- Context menu integration helps to add files/folders to shredding zone. The option also offers “single click” shredding of files and folders
- Shred files at a specified time or at the startup of your Windows with the help of inbuilt scheduler and schedule the shredding tasks
- Automatic live update to keep the software up-to-date
- Generates event log of the complete shredding process
- Operating System - Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 or Windows 2000
- Free hard disk space required for installation - 15 MB
- No minimum hardware requirement
Disclaimer: This site and the products and services offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by Microsoft, nor have they been reviewed tested or certified by Microsoft.